|Artwork Title: Untitled
Name of Artist: Keith Ang, M Nasirrudin BAR, Cheong Sze-Yenn
School: Peicai Secondary School, Jurong Secondary School, St Anthony’s Canossian Secondary School
This lesson is suitable for students in: Secondary 1-2
|Possible Guiding Questions for Discussing Art||Possible Lesson Ideas for Making Art|
1. THINK: What themes/topic would you associate with this art work? Why?
Elegant art task
Create an abstract 10 second video clip that responds to the theme “Repetition of Red-Green-Blue”, and chosen techno-music sound track with a regular beat.
The 9-10 clips will be spliced together with this soundtrack for presentation.
1. Students will be grouped in 3 or 4.
2. Each group will be given a video camera, or a still camera with video-recording functions. Record close-up images with interesting shapes, text and colours that are Red, Green or Blue, or the direct complementary colours, Green, Red, Orange respectively.
3. Before post-production editing, the teacher will get students to explore different types of filters that can create “repetition” – same clip copied a few times on the timeline; mirroring; different clips of multiple objects similar colour, or shape.
4. using filters (negative, invert, mirror) available in a video-editing software, create an abstract video.