2014, Video, 16:9
By WAHEEDAH BINTE MUHAMMAD KHALIQ, Holy Innocents’ High School, Art Teacher
Eyes is an optical illusion that offers the viewer the opportunity to seesomething ordinary through a different perspective, giving the possibility of a whole new experience. Viewers will be drawn towards the centre of the jewel that was used as hyphen between the subject and the lens. Lights and reflections together with sound create a gateway into a new realm that allows viewers to relate to something familiar yet strange.
Lesson Ideas for Eyes (2014) by Waheedah Binte Muhammad Khaliq
This lesson is suitable for students in: Upper Secondary
Artwork title: Eyes
Name of artist: Waheedah Binte Muhammad Khaliq
School: Holy Innocents’ High School
Possible Guiding Questions
1. What objects can you identify in the artwork?
2. How are the objects used in this artwork?
3. What do you think the artist is trying to convey through the way the objects are used in the artwork?
4. How does the artwork make you feel?
5. What is most pleasing about this artwork? What is the least pleasing?
6. What other materials or art forms can the artist use for this artwork to convey similar intentions?